Ketubah Buying Guide
Buying a ketubah can seem overwhelming. Designs. Texts. Personalization. How do you know where to start? Fortunately, we’ve designed an innovative, incredibly accessible site to help you on your way. Just follow our step-by-step guide, and you’ll find the perfect Ketubah in a snap.
1. Consult with your wedding officiant to determine which text option (Reform, Orthodox, Conservative, etc.) is right for you. Many officiants prefer or require a certain type of text - the Ketubah is a religious document and a binding legal contract - so make sure to ask them before you make your selection.
2. Once you’ve narrowed down your choice by text, think about what else might be important to you in your Ketubah. Have your heart set on a certain kind of artistic theme? Trying to stick to a budget? Need something in a hurry? Use our advanced searching to narrow down your browing to your own unique set of criteria.
3. After you’ve settled on a design and text combination, the next step is to decide if you’d like personalization. Personalization is the process of integrating your individual information - your names, the wedding date, the wedding location, etc. - seemlessly into the body of the Ketubah text, in a calligraphy style that matches the rest of the wording. Should you wish to omit this step, your Ketubah will arrive with blank spaces at the relevant points in the text, for your wedding officiant to fill our during the ceremony.
4. Select your final finishing touches. Expedited delivery? Print on canvas? Our easy drop-down menus will guide you through all of the options available on each Ketubah. A few clicks later, you’ll be through our automated, secure online checkout.
5. Shortly after you complete your checkout, you’ll get an email from us, confirming the details of your order. If you’ve decided on a Ketubah with personalization, the email will include a link to our online Personalization Wizard. This easy-to-use, step-by-step guide will allow you to enter in all your personalization information, in both English and Hebrew, and send it either to your wedding officiant for review, or directly to our staff.
6. Curious about the progress of your order? Log into your account on our website, click on “My Account”, and see the status of your Ketubah right online. Your information is continuously updated, so you can see just how far along your order has come.
7. As soon as your order has shipped out, we’ll send you an email with the anticipated delivery date. That way, you’ll know exactly when to keep an eye out. Before you know it, your Ketubah will be at your door!